Squier Vintage Modified P V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by davio, May 18, 2021.

1. davio

davio Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Boston, MA
    20210518_231710.jpg

Just nabbed this 2015 bad Larry off Craigslist. Fresh strings, a quick setup, and I'm about to put my MIM Jazz V beater on the block. I've never had a P before (don't know how that happened) but methinks a new pickup and different tone cap will make me quite the happy little camper.

Don't get me wrong: I won't be abandoning my beloved Dingwall any time soon. But for a cheap backup that gives me a new tone to play with, this thing builds out the collection pretty dang nicely for the price.

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement with others who know how it feels...

2. I have the burst/tort version of this bass. Phenomenal player for the money. Everything you buy a P-bass for.

davio likes this.
  3. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    The Squier VM/CV series have provided nothing but really fun and rewarding instruments. I have a few to fill in some gaps.

davio likes this.
  4. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Good find. These are great basses. Enjoy!!

davio likes this.
  5. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I had one and agree they are great basses . The stock pickup is very good too . I bought an American Fender P-5 pickup and put it in mine and the tone was hardly better than stock if at all . I also put an inexpensive high mass bridge on mine . If I wanted a P-5 I think it's as good as any . S7300689.JPG

davio and lowdownthump like this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021