1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Squier Vintage Modified Precision V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TheLowDown33, Jul 21, 2020.

1. TheLowDown33

TheLowDown33 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    NJ
    Price:
    Strings:
    **Price Drop, and updated trade info at the bottom**

If you've spent any deal of time on this site, you'll know about these venerable instruments. This one is in excellent condition, with very minimal play wear. I have it set up right now for maximum thump, with a fresh set of Chrome flatwounds. This one seems to be modified, as it came to me with what looks like an A-style bridge with the quick release slots. I poked around under the hood and the previous owner did a great shielding job as well, so this one is dead quiet. The only spot I could find was a small indent on the side of the body, but other than that this is a really clean instrument. Weight is just under 10 lbs on the bathroom scale. No trades please, and I'll ship it well protected in a gig bag. Do me the courtesy of covering shipping, the current situation being as it is. Please feel free to ask any questions!

**Edit: Leaving this up for sale if someone really wants it, but my price is pretty firm. I just keep finding reasons to keep it around. I may be tempted with trades towards say, a tidepool Player series P, but that's about it.**

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    jmain, Jacobfred, Cardsfan85 and 2 others like this.
  2. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Very nice!! This shouldn’t last long.

3. sej83

sej83

Jul 31, 2020
    Still available?

4. TheLowDown33

Jul 4, 2009
    NJ
    Yep!

5. mmnbass

mmnbass

Aug 24, 2017
    Dang, I wish I had a time machine for this one! Beautiful bass, enjoy.

6. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    These are great for the price!

7. skyline_01

skyline_01 Endorsing artist: Nordstrand Audio, Tsunami Cables Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    Someone pick this thing up already... if I didn't already have one I'd consider it. They're great instruments as-is, and they make a great mod platform too! GLWTS

IMG-0869.jpg

Zamega likes this.
  8. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    I thought I thought I saw that this was sold! Is it still available? I have the identical bass and giving some thought to having this as a backup. waiting for gigs to start up again, however!

9. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    No trades?

10. TheLowDown33

Jul 4, 2009
    NJ
    It is still available! I had second thoughts about selling for a bit, but I'm positive I'd like to move it along now.

11. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    PM sent

12. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    How is this still here?

13. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    I own 2 Squier 5 string P basses and 3 FENDER USA 5 string P basses. Most often, I choose the Squier P bass to play on shows. These are FANTASTIC basses if any of you are "on the fence"

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021