1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

squier vintage telle bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ampeg2, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Is anybody familiar with the squier telle bass vintage precision series?

2. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    There are several people on here who have the bass and many who have modded it as well. Should be easy to find with a search.

3. I have this one and it's a good value for the money. Nice neck, decent pick up; not too muddy... etc.
    Do a search and you'll find some threads dedicated to it..

4. it rocks. mine is my cheapest and probably favourite bass

5. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
  6. steveinohio

steveinohio

May 27, 2007
    +1

My buddy just gave me one of these for my birthday.

Its killer!

Great value for the price.

7. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Are YOU familiar with the SEARCH feature?

8. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    You know, in the amount of time it took you to post that, you could have said any one of a thousand other things that wouldn't have been rude. Or just ignored the thread altogether. Being rude instead of helpful also makes *you* feel worse.

9. thank you I'm on it..

10. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hehe.. This guy's trying to buy mine ;)

11. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I bought one and to be honest, I'm disappointed with the assembly quality of it. The bridge was mounted off center, tt the treble side, and the strings don't center over the pickup posts. To repair it, I'm going to have to move the bridge, filling the original holes with a dowel and redrill the body to center the bridge. Obviously I'm done with Squires.

12. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Should've played one before buying it :ninja: The one I have is awesome.

13. bwsailer79

bwsailer79

Aug 5, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    To me it sounds like you got a dud. It can happen with all mass produced products... some more than others. But most people on here that have gotten the bass in question have been very satisfied with it. I have no problems with mine... it's the best sub $300 bass I've ever had (now that I think about it... that's not saying much... I've only had one other bass that was sub $300). Either way, I'm really happy with this bass and I think most other people who've gotten one has been as well.

If I were you... I'd return the bass and get a new one. You shouldn't have to spend your money for a brand new bass and have to fix it for it to be playable.

14. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

15. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas

Ha, lighten up, I think if you see the response from the OP you'll see that my post was helpful. And what exactly did your post add to the thread, Bill? Climb down, that horse is pretty high!

16. Machines

Machines

Dec 1, 2005
    Birmingham, UK
    Moderator: basschat.co.uk
    Are YOU familiar with the DON'T BE AN ASS feature ?

17. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    Back to the topic, how deep is the neck? Slim, chunky? Do these tend to be on the heavy side? The two Vintage Modified Jazz Squiers I've played (mine included) are heavy. Haven't put it on a scale, but it's way heavier than my other basses.

18. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    What do you think the OP meant by:
    "thank you I'm on it.." ?

Sounds like my post was helpful to him, is yours?

19. Machines

Machines

Dec 1, 2005
    Birmingham, UK
    Moderator: basschat.co.uk
    My post was no less helpful than yours, yours simply told him to go look for himself. It's not really help, it was obnoxiously dismissive.

Anyway - i've played a couple of these Squiers and they are fantastic. Huge thumpy mellow sound that is very old school. I'd buy one myself if I had a need for that sound. The neck is comparable with a normal Precision i'd say.

20. Just curious, but has anyone else been tempted to take one of these Tele Basses and move the pickup down to the StingRay sweet spot and then cut a new pickguard to cover the top hole? I've had that project circling around in my head for a couple of weeks now. Dang it, that would be cool...