1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Vista Musicmaster

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 211dave112, May 19, 2011.

1. Recently bought a Squier Vista Musicmaster. It looks like this one..:hyper:
    big%20squier%20musicmaster%20bassDSCN8221.

What colour is it?! I've seen it called Surf Green, Sonic Blue and Daphne Blue!!

Any idea's :confused:

2. Sifl

Sifl

May 14, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    That looks like Surf Green to me. Very pretty bass!

3. that's the way i was leaning :)

4. I Always thought the shell pink ones were cool looking
    nice bass!!

5. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    WANT!

6. thanks guys, thats not a picture of mine, its in the post as we speak. But my one is exactly the same, maybe in not quite such great condition. will post pics when it's here. Had a bronco in the past, which is now my girlfriends number one, then moved to Pbass/thunderbirds but am really missing the short scale feel/sound.

yellofury, I like the pink ones too but they don't crop up too often. At least here in the UK.

7. bassfunk329

bassfunk329

Jul 5, 2008
    I had a thread about one i got a little bit ago. Its black though :(. But i did do some research and the only colors for em were black,white,shell pink and the best color of all surf green. Its a great little bass mines a 97 so its been around the block a little. But yeah nice sounding and mine has a super hi output!

8. I think the black would look ace with a tort pickguard :bassist:

thanks for clearing the colour name up, it's one of those colours that camera's always seem to have trouble representing and with Fender/Squier having those few colours that are a fairly similar shade I wasn't sure.

9. JonahTheAmazing

JonahTheAmazing

Dec 19, 2010
    Looks Surf Green to me, as someone already pointed out. Fender has a color list deal on their site that's quite helpful.

I've never seen that kind of Squier though. Quite nice.

10. bassfunk329

bassfunk329

Jul 5, 2008
    No problem and ill eventually change the guard but as of now the aged white is very wicked. Youll love the bass too. You could even make it into a mustang ive been thinking.

11. Sifl

Sifl

May 14, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I have a Surf Green bass and I was thinking of painting the headstock to match. After looking at your bass, I have the paint on order from ReRanch!

12. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    That's a killer looking bass!

13. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    I'm pretty sure that the only green finish on that particular model was Surf Green.

What a beauty! Love the matching headstock. Envious.

14. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    I just picked up one of these today in the same color and shape.It looks like it just came out of the box and its a 97'. I have been wanting a SS due to my band going acoustic at time and jamming into tiny places as well as they look super cool.
    I read up on them and found out they were not made long and are getting hard to find. Anyone know more on them?

15. IIRC, the newer ones were only made in '97-'98 & the Squier Bronco replaced them in '99.

16. Gorgeous. I want!

17. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    How are the frets on your Musicmaster? I think mine has Vintage style frets. Much smaller than jumbos.

And how much did both of you guys pay for yours?

18. bassbully

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Mine are vintage style also. I paid 250.00 for mine and it looks like it was bought, put in the case and never played. I doesn't have a mark on it. Still has factory fender strings that sound new although the bass is 14 years old, has the hang tags and owners catalog. A great find IMO.

19. I used to have a pink one. I really miss that bass.

20. bassbully

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    I did some searches and found that they are getting rare and going for upper 300 to 400 on ebay. The shell pink is the hot color followed by the surf green I bought. I played it for practice on Sunday and loved it. I know it will really rock once my flatwound chromes come in I ordered for it.