1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier VM 70's vs 77 Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A. D. Fairhurst, Dec 22, 2016.

1. 70's

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. 77

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. Hello TB. I am thinking of getting a Jazz bass soon and I can't decide between the VM 70's and the VM77. Which do you think is better?

2. I find they play and sound pretty much the same. I guess it really comes down to colors and knobs. Look for one you like. I played half a dozen before going with my '77.

3. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Both come from Indonesia, maybe from the same factory floor, so build quality should be equitable. With that in mind, and if it were my money, I'd go for the '70s Jazz, especially if it's in that sweet, sparkly Candy Apple Red finish. (I got to noodle around with one very recently and it was quite drool-worthy)

4. I got the 70's Jazz in white. Should be here on Friday.

Malak the Mad and shawshank72 like this.
  5. Tvrtko

Tvrtko

Dec 27, 2002
    South of the USA
    77 black here. Very happy with it.

6. The only real difference between those two would be the aesthetics. Just get the one you like the looks of the best. I like the black markers better, so I got that model (the 70's one) 6 years ago. Love it.

Jcovers.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    A. D. Fairhurst likes this.
  7. 20160813_113133.