1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier VM - do Fender strings come as stock?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by miles'tone, Jul 5, 2014.

1. miles'tone

miles'tone

Feb 26, 2008
    Wales, U.K
    ..as the title suggests.

I'm interested in the VM Precision V so I was wondering if the OEM strings are Fender or just some cheapies that will need changing.

Anyone know at all?

2. IWieldTheSpade

IWieldTheSpade

Mar 15, 2010
    When I bought my VM fretless I'm pretty sure the strings that came with it were Fender, but IMO for my taste in tone fender strings are cheapies that need replacing anyway :speechless:
    If you're buying it from a bricks and mortar store it can't hurt to put a fresh batch on afterwards, you never know how many people have handled it before you

maestrovert likes this.
  3. gully_jones

gully_jones Stone cold groovy man Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Mississippi
    Yeah, check the specs on Fender.com

4. miles'tone

miles'tone

Feb 26, 2008
    Wales, U.K
    Thanks both.

Just checked the Fender website (silly me!)
    Fender NPS 130-45.

Cheers!

5. I have been told to play with the stock strings for a couple months, to break in the guitar and my hands, then replace the strings. :):cool::bassist:

miles'tone likes this.
  6. elBandito

elBandito

Dec 3, 2008
    Rotten Apple
    My VM P5 didn't ship with fender strings. Stock strings were very stiff for its gauge, and didn't have colored ball ends. I played them for about a week and swapped them out. Don't waste your time, and install your favorite strings.