1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier VM Pickguards from Pickguardian

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tubatodd, Jul 12, 2014.

1. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    A few weeks ago I sent a Squier VM Jazz bass pickguard off to Tony at Pickguardian as a template. I ordered 1 white/black/white, 1 white pearloid/black/white and 2 classic tortoise guards. The results are awesome!!! The basses look more expensive than they were. The tortoise is much cooler than the photo-parchment that Squier uses. I couldn't be happier.

IMG_0158.JPG
    3-tone Sunburst. I swapped necks with the white one.

IMG_0159.JPG
    Classic natural. Reminds me of an FSR.

IMG_0161.JPG
    Olympic white. I swapped the neck with the 3-tone sunburst. With the pearloid pickguard it looks very 80s.
    IMG_0160.JPG
    Here's the full view. This one may be my favorite. It just looks so cool to me.

lornemalvo likes this.
  2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Awesome. I love pearl; killer on the white jazz. Likewise a SB jazz needs a tort.

3. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj

May 4, 2013
    Those look really great!

The only 2 things I haven't replaced on my beloved CV Pbass is that weird photo-tortoise pickguard, and the tuners.

These pics say it's time to get me a pickguard!!

4. Flad

Flad

Apr 18, 2014
    How long did it take from the time you took your pickguard off to send in till you had the new one installed? I kindda like the tort on my new Squier VI but I'd really like pearl (it'd look kindda like the white/pearl jazz in your pix) and I'd also like to get a black pearl for the Jag though I'm not really sure how that'd look on trans red. My biggest concern is wait time.

5. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Love me some Natural with Tort.
    Very nice.

6. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Very nice, might have to order one for my VM fretless Jazz. Thanks for the tip!

7. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    3 week turn around. (1 week of round trip priority mail and 2 week turn around by pick guardian)

Flad likes this.
  8. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    Awesome! I'm fortunate enough to know an excellent Luthier up here in the woods of Maine who did a pickguard for me at one time. It's truly an art watching him carve these things out.