1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier vs Rockbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrLowEnd75, Sep 7, 2017.

Which bass?

Poll closed Oct 7, 2017.
  1. Squier VM 70's Jazz bass V

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Warwick Rockbass Corvette Std. V

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MrLowEnd75

MrLowEnd75

Jul 19, 2017
    Putting it to a vote on entry level basses! Squier VM 70's Jazz V bass vs a Warwick Rockbass Corvette standard V. Both have single cool JJ pickups and strung with DR Black Beauty strings. Completely different animals, both look, play and feel great with a slight advantage towards the Warwick on overall tone and sound (and it desperately needs a setup). Overall I'm 50/50 between the two and just curious what's your vote, reason why and experience with either (if any)! This is really just for fun!!

Attached Files:

2. MrLowEnd75

MrLowEnd75

Jul 19, 2017
    Edit: I play mostly all styles, mostly rock/metal/pop/funk/jazz

And Warwick can also be seen in my profile pic

3. I have no experience with either bass but just like the look of the Squier better. I'm a G&L/Fender style lover. If you already have a Warwick why not get something different?

MrLowEnd75 likes this.
  4. MrLowEnd75

MrLowEnd75

Jul 19, 2017
    Whoops, I should've have clarified that I currently own both but can only afford to keep one. So I'll be returning one of them soon

Warhawk likes this.
  5. That info helps! LOL
    Play both one after another and whichever one feels and sounds better that's the one to keep. You can always get another of either when you can afford it.

MrLowEnd75 likes this.
  6. MrLowEnd75

MrLowEnd75

Jul 19, 2017
    Lol! Yep that's the problem; both feel and sound great , slight advantage to the wick in tone. It's used, in great shape and cost about the same as the Squier new. I've always owned MIM Fender/Squier basses in the past , so the Warwick (to me) is branching out and expanding horizons. Like you say , could always pick up one or the other down the road.. waaaaay down the road though in my case hahaha

Warhawk likes this.
  7. 58kites

58kites Save a life....adopt a Pitbull

Oct 21, 2014
    Austin Texas
    This one is easy, you said the Warwick sounds better ..so it wins.
    The Warwicks also have the tightest neck pocket tolerance of any production bass I've ever seen, the manufacturing on these is amazing.
    The bridge is a way better piece of machinery, and it's routed into the body!
    Unusual and interesting (different) body shape.
    The rosewood they use for the fretboard is reeeally nice.
    Three piece 1/4 sawn maple neck.
    Adjustable nut.
    Tuners, bridge and pickups are the same as the German models.
    And branching out and expanding horizons is always good....easy choice.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Warhawk, kodiakblair and MrLowEnd75 like this.
  8. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    I've got a couple German vetts and have owned a Rockbass $$. I've played a lot of Squiers and for me personally go Warwick. I would say sell both and get a German, but the new Rockbass line is really solid. If the tone is there and you like the feel and vibe of the bass keep the Corvette. And it looks really killer. Everyone and their mom has a jazz bass, be special

Warhawk and MrLowEnd75 like this.
  9. jaybones

jaybones Banned

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    I would also vote for the Rockbass, since you say it sounds better.

I do like the look of the Squier, except for the fact that it has 70's classic styling cues but is a fiver.

That exact bass in a 4 string is on my gas bucket list.

Warhawk and MrLowEnd75 like this.
  10. Keep the Warwick. It just sounds like you'll be happier with it. And, no matter how far down the road it is, you'll find another nice Squier or perhaps a German Warwick.

MrLowEnd75 likes this.