Squier vs. Rogue

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassSeven, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Squier

77 vote(s)
  2. Rogue

5 vote(s)
  1. Hmm... personally i have a squier, and think rogue is worse... , but i wanted to know what other people think Which would you rather have (if u had to)... a squier or a rogue bass
  2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

Oh, if I HAD to?? Squire, then.

Is there a real point to this thread/poll??

Do a search, you will find all you want to know about people's opinions on Squires and Rogues.
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    If I were forced to choose, Squier.

4. No, no real point just checking to see if i was not
  5. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    A Squier is like a Sadowsky compared to a Rogue.
  6. Never played a Rogue.. But a Non Affinity Squier can be playable and some are really nice........
  7. Listen

May 19, 2002
    squier i can stand, but rogue...well, rouge isn't even a bass company, they make colored peices of crap, ok they aren't that bad, but still, they suck.
  8. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I have a cool Rogue 5 string ABG that I like a lot, and play every day... But for the most part, I imagine Squier would be better.
  9. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Rogue is Squire's "Value line" there for squire should logically be higher quality. Now for the people bashing squier, this may not be the norm, but I played a Squier P five and it was nicer then alot of other "higher quality" basses I had played like MIM fenders and many Ibanezes.
  10. Aren't Rogue and Squier made in the same factory?
  11. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Squier kills Rogue

Squier is prolly the best beginner best, well except for that Ibanez SG with the active "punch" control thingy. That thing owns.
  12. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    OK, how many of you bashing Rogues have actually tried them? Honestly? Ive played a few and to be honest, they have all seemed suprisingly nice. I was actually very impressed after hearing all of the bashing here. Obviously Rogues arnt top of the line, they arnt meant to be, nor are Squiers. They are meant to be afforable. But from what I have gathered Rogues really are not that bad.

As far as my choice, I would have to try several of each and decide which is the best bass out of the whole bunch, name brands excluded.
  13. Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Well I'm going to have to go with Squier. I've never played a Rogue before but my bass is a squier affinity p-bass. I can understand some of the bashing because it doesn't have the best tone I've ever heard, but it's a great bass for the mere $150 I bought it for(I'm not a newbie! Really! :D). I'm planning on upgrading it soon for better tone(ie strings pickups etc) but it's lasted me very well. It still has factory everything at 6 months old and it's just like new except for a little dust under the strings where I've been too lazy to wipe it down.:D

EDIT: Something I just thought of...every P-bass upgrade advice that I've seen is replace the tuners first! Why is this? My tuners work just fine, I can practice for about 2 or 3 weeks(about an hour a day or so) without having to tune it...did I just get an exceptional squier or something?:confused:
  14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Man, can you just picture what kind of person would play a Rogue and dream about upgrading to a Squier?

I have read that some Rogues are made by the same people who make Squiers, But in truth, Rogues are Musician's Friend value line.
  15. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I've tried some rogues btw
  16. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    wow 46-0!!

17. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    WOW 46-2????? the Rogue supporters appear
  18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    "I complained because I had a Squier until I met a man who had a Rogue".

Hey, either works;)