Squier w/ 2 P pickups?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fretlessman71, Jul 7, 2008.

1. fretlessman71

fretlessman71 Still beats havin' a job Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2005
    FoCo, NoCo
  2. fretlessman71

Aug 8, 2005
    FoCo, NoCo
    bump. this is kinda important...

3. RedemptionBass

RedemptionBass

Dec 12, 2007
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Head (and only) Honcho at Redemption Bass
    I've never seen one that came llike that. I'd have to say that the second P was added. Not a bad thing in my book as long as it was done cleanly. You just can't go wrong with a double P.

4. fretlessman71

Aug 8, 2005
    FoCo, NoCo
    I just called and got a serial number - E912879. This might be an '89 USA Squier! Does that sound right to anyone?

5. Siegy

Siegy

Jun 28, 2007
    Central Neb.
    There were a few P's in the late 80's and early 90's that had dual P pickups.

It's $75, just get it.

6. fretlessman71

Aug 8, 2005
    FoCo, NoCo
    I think I'm gonna. USA made, might even be solid body and 20 years old, could be all kinds of cool. He's holding it for me until tomorrow. Frickin' COOL...... :cool:

7. LKdubby

LKdubby

Nov 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I paid $75 for my Squier ProTone and it is my #1 bass at the moment!! It's probably the best $75 I've ever spent actually!!

You should get it, you definitely can't go wrong with that price!

8. fretlessman71

Aug 8, 2005
    FoCo, NoCo
    Okay - upon further research, I'm pretty sure it's Japanese. (Dangit - should have asked the guy when I was talking to him. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.) Not sure if this makes it more or less desirable though.

9. Siegy

Siegy

Jun 28, 2007
    Central Neb.
    Well to be honest, you're NEVER going to find a USA Fender for $75, unless it's been totally FUBAR'ed or the person selling it has no idea what it's worth.

Again, it's only $75, get it. And if you don't like it, sell it again for $75.

10. fretlessman71

Aug 8, 2005
    FoCo, NoCo
    Fort Collins is a college town. It's two roommates looking for dope money or getting rid of every last scrap before they move back home. Who knows what their motivation is.

And yes, unless it's been ruined, I'll be getting it tomorrow afternoon. Go Me! :hyper:

11. lorenk

lorenk

Apr 8, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    i like how the seller says "call me up and ill test it for you"

yeeeeeeeeeah thats what i like to hear! :D

12. fretlessman71

Aug 8, 2005
    FoCo, NoCo
    If it's solid as a rock (like I think it might be), I might keep it as an Eb bass. We'll see. I have a D bass (an old Vega with two P-style DiMarzio pickups and a huge, fat, mahogany body), so why not an Eb bass?

13. fretlessman71

Aug 8, 2005
    FoCo, NoCo
    So I got it. Turns out it's Korean, but sounds great. Truss rod nut is stripped from the outside, tho - can't get 'purchase' when tightening the neck. Gonna have my guy get it out and replace it and re-evaluate at that point. Should be a pretty cool bass!

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021