Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Aug 22, 2000.

1. How are Squiers as far as goodness? They are made by Fender, so whats the differenct between a Squier and a Fender, or a MIM Fender?

2. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Fender Squier is the budget aka cheaper line. The Fender MIM is the less expensive, not quite as good as MIA [but some come close]. MIA is usually the best in the line besides custom shop i could be wrong so feel free to correct me.
  3. alternative roster

alternative roster

Aug 21, 2000
    the mim has a better paint job than mia as far as duration.
    this is do to lack restrictions or value of human life in mexico. but i would take a mia any day of the week over the mim.
  4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    For the difference in price...I would go with an MIM. The Squiers are very decent, but will probably leave you wanting a bit more. Hmmmm...must be made in China....:)
  5. Nirvana4ever

Aug 2, 2005
    My first bass was a Fender Squier. I got it in a starter pack. It was wicked cheap. The price explained the quality. The string height was way too high, and there was no real way of fixing it without it going back to normal. But, Squiers are totally basic and good for beginners. Steve Harris, the bassist of Iron Maiden, plays a Fender. Squiers are really popular and definetly decent. But, if you are going to get one, make sure you do not get it in a starter pack. You are not guaranteed good quality.