1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squire '51 GUITAR!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mattpnolan, Mar 31, 2006.

1. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I know most of you have seen this, but I wanted to get your thoughts on whether you think it is cool that the design has carried over to guitar or whether it's just stealing our glory :)

[​IMG]

P.S. I know this isn't a Bass, but I put it in this forum, because it relates to comparing to the '51 P :)
    You can move it if you need to, mods.

2. SoulMaim

SoulMaim

Dec 1, 2005
    Ontario
    It can't compare to the '51 P bass.
    and the colour looks kinda...gross. Like something went wrong when they tried to make the yellow.

3. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Actually, that colour looks about right. The yellow on the 51 RI bass is way off, and pretty gross.

4. Thursday

Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    I have been thinking about that guitar for myself and I really like it. Not the color just what it looks like.

5. i really like that guitar design, but the whole squier part turns me off from it.

still, it could be a good guitar

6. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    I kinda like it but yeah, I'd rather see Fender up there on the headstock.

7. I have always kind of liked this guitar. It got a lot of play on the Fender/Squier boards quite a while back. The conclusion was that it is a pretty nice platform for the price, which at some point dropped another 20 or 30 dollars to the current $149 on the street. I think I have even seen it on sale for $129. That is a very nice value. Put Fender on the headstock and you would be paying more like $369 for probably little or no better quality.

YMMV

Peace,
    S

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, since this is the Basses forum, and this ain't about a bass----moved.