1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squire: Affinity or Standard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Buh_Sheeky, Aug 7, 2004.

1. :help: I need another bass for jazz combo, and I don't think my Rogue 5 string is going to cut it. I have a very tight budget and I was looking at getting a Squire Standard Jazz bass, but then I saw the Affinity at a lower price and I'm all like, as far as I'm concerned they are almost the same, they didn't list any differences, they basically said the same d*mn thing :scowl: . So I'm wondering what's the difference, should I spend the extra $40 for Standard or go all cheapie and get the Affinity? Is there another jazz bass anyone can suggest within that price range? Thanks! :help:

2. Spend the extra for the Standard.

3. well, i would guess you will be getting a quality (sound, construction) lower than a regular squier...
    personally i would recommend essex click here!

or get the 5 string for 30 bucks more. now click here!
    i think just about any essex will beat squier in every catagory.
    you actually have more choices than those two, just go to rondomusic.com and find a bass thats better than a squier

4. O_O Wow superbassman2000!!! That looks really nice!!!...now how well do they sound? :eyebrow:
    ...wait...they're 30 lbs!?!?! :hyper: Excersise for me!!!

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Shipping weight is 30 pounds. Actual weight is about 9.

THey sound 100x better than a Squier btw.

6. Heh, heh, sorry I just saw that now... :oops: uh, yeah...

thanks for the input, I think I'll go for the 5-string!!! :D

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    SX?

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Essex. Go ahead, buy a couple.

9. they sound great...as figjam said...they sound 100x better than anything in the same price range...easily

Charlie