1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squire Affinity vs MIM Fender P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ics1974, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ics1974

ics1974

Apr 13, 2012
    I own a 2012 Squire Affinity P-Bass and a 2008 MIM Fender P-Bass and I have been comparing them both lately.
    I hear that allot of people think that Affinity series are junk but I completely disagree. Maybe they stepped it up with the 2012 models but my Squire is fantastic for the price point.
    The neck is very straight, no fret buzz, fret ends are actually smoother them my Fender.
    Body, paint, joints are equally as good as my Fender.
    The tuners do feel a bit cheap on the Squire when tuning but once tuned they stay tuned.
    The pickups sound good as well and I really can't tell much of a difference with the Fender.
    My only issue with the squire is the non shielded body. With the tone on full I can hear a hum but when I touch the strings it goes away. I also goes away if I turn down the tone knob a little. My Fender is dead quiet.
    I love both Basses but with better tuners and shielding I think the Squier would be pretty equil.

I will post pics of both in a bit

2. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    As the owner of both as well, I would have to agree with you. Once set up the Affinity's are fine basses.

3. ics1974

ics1974

Apr 13, 2012
    Here they are.

bass.