1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squire basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr. Zebraface, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Right fellas (and ladeez) here's a question:

How much difference is there between a Squire Jazz Bass and say, a Squire P-Bass? It's just the Squire Jazz doesnt seem as readily available as any other squires. Is this because the Jazz Bass is better? Any replies much apprieciated.

And also apart from a Squire Jazz Bass what other basses can u recommend in the same price range, a 4-string, and if it helps i play mainly punk rock.

2. toshiya

toshiya

Jun 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I say go for an essex which you can net new for about 150 tops, http://www.rondomusic.com

Just as good as a squier, if not better, and with the leftover money, you could make some decent upgrades.

In my current band, we play some punk rock and I use an Essex '62 jb, the pick attack is nothing for the deep sound you get with fingers and the slap tone is great. Personally, if your playing only punk, I would say get the pbass from essex, they have a lot, so get what you like, you can't go wrong!

good luck and have fun :)

3. bassman4hire

bassman4hire

Jun 14, 2002
    canada
    I have a squier jazz and I love it. The feel and the sound is great for a cheapy. It has the steel magnet pickups that are noisey, but you know they will be. the only complaint I have is it is heavy and I imagine a long night of having it over you would be painful. But I have not had it around me for any length of time! If it feels right it must be right!