Squire basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr. Zebraface, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Right fellas (and ladeez) here's a question:

How much difference is there between a Squire Jazz Bass and say, a Squire P-Bass? It's just the Squire Jazz doesnt seem as readily available as any other squires. Is this because the Jazz Bass is better? Any replies much apprieciated.

And also apart from a Squire Jazz Bass what other basses can u recommend in the same price range, a 4-string, and if it helps i play mainly punk rock.
  2. toshiya

Jun 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I say go for an essex which you can net new for about 150 tops, http://www.rondomusic.com

Just as good as a squier, if not better, and with the leftover money, you could make some decent upgrades.

In my current band, we play some punk rock and I use an Essex '62 jb, the pick attack is nothing for the deep sound you get with fingers and the slap tone is great. Personally, if your playing only punk, I would say get the pbass from essex, they have a lot, so get what you like, you can't go wrong!

good luck and have fun :)
  3. bassman4hire

Jun 14, 2002
    I have a squier jazz and I love it. The feel and the sound is great for a cheapy. It has the steel magnet pickups that are noisey, but you know they will be. the only complaint I have is it is heavy and I imagine a long night of having it over you would be painful. But I have not had it around me for any length of time! If it feels right it must be right!