1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squire classic vibe 60s jazz bridge on Fender standard Jazz??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BluesHolyMan, Oct 2, 2013.

1. BluesHolyMan

BluesHolyMan

Sep 28, 2013
    Anyone know if a Squire Classic vibe 60s jazz bridge will fit a Fender Standard (MIM) Jazz Bass?

I am looking to put a beefier bridge on it. I don't think the HMV will fit (without new holes) and I 'd like it to keep its DNA (stay Fender.)

Thanks,
    BHM

2. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    ive heard around here that the holes don't quite line up, but ive never tried or seen this myself. ive seen some very similar ones on ebay for around 25 USD that claim to fit the stander 5 screw fender pattern that I assume the mim j's would use.

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    the center hole will center the bridge nicely .. the next set of holes (outward) is very slightly off, but a screw should thread just fine .. the outer pair of holes are a bit more off .. the edge of the hole in the body, is about centered on the hole of the bridge ... it can work, just be careful, I usually use the Squier screw there, as it is smaller diameter .. you could always 'toothpick' the outer hole and redrill easy enough ...

...I have installed several Fender 'vintage style' threaded saddle bridges on the many CV Jazz's that I have had ... I have never cared for the heavy brass saddles Squier bridge, but then I go to great lengths to be as weight conscious as possible ... the simple bent plate Fender bridge has worked well for over half a century, and if you add threaded saddles, even better ...

... Edit to add: .... I think the string spacing will be slightly wider using the Squier brass saddled bridge as well ... I did an A/B side by side review a few years back on here, comparing the CV Jazz and a VM Jazz .. and if I remember correctly, there was a difference in the string spacing ... the VM Jazz bridge is a direct fit on 5 hole top load Fender basses ... you could search my past posts and maybe find it, but I think it was a couple years ago ...

4. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    How about the classic vibe p bridge on a fender p? I'm actually trying to fit it on a MIJ squier but figure it's the same as a Fender.

5. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    the Gotoh 201 is cheap and similar to that brdge and will fit without modding the bass.

6. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Sorry, I derailed the thread. I's the gotoh for the p or j, or both?

7. The CV bridge will fit a Standard. I have one on my P-bass.

As for Gotoh, P-bass & J-bass have the same width at the bridge. So, it's for both.

8. elBandito

elBandito

Dec 3, 2008
    Rotten Apple
    I had a cv jazz to try out for a few days. Had a fender vintage bridge lying around to put it on, but the holes do not line up. Outer most holes are off by at least 2mm. I guess you can install the screws crooked, but that doesn't work for me.