1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squire Classic Vibe 60s P-Bass question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jboylan67, Sep 28, 2009.

1. jboylan67

jboylan67

Aug 10, 2007
    Clifton, NJ
    Tried one this weekend (the sonic blue one) & was really impressed with the quality for the $350 price tag. Has anyone bought one & modded it? I'm interested in what upgrades would make sense.

Thanks

2. Tones of people have these. Honestly if I bought one,I probably wouldn't change a thing,except maybe the pickups with seymour duncan basslines

3. Surly

Surly

Feb 2, 2007
    South Florida
    It's a P-bass. Just needs decent strings IMO. I'm not sure if they're real Fender 7250's that come on those.

4. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    If I had one... (I really like them BTW) Vintage tuners, matching headstock, pup cover, poss mint pickguard.

5. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    If you buy a bass , you replace waht parts YOU think are lacking. Everyone has differing opinions on what performace is, in my case looks who cares i need a bass with punch , low action and stays in tune.

6. Sounds like an SRX ;)

7. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Honestly i have never played one of those, i stay away from 24 fret necks because out of any songs i write never use more then 19 frets. If the bass was good i would still buy one if it was 24 frets of course i dont discriminate that easily;)

8. I never use all 24 either,still sounds,plays and balances amazingly though.

9. The classic vibes don't come with Fender strings. They all come with d'addarios with the multi-coloured ball ends.

10. Doragon

Doragon

Sep 1, 2008
    San Jacinto, Ca
    I've modded mine. Added Hipshot tuners and bridge, 62 fender reissue pickups and strung it with Fender flats. Drives my buddy nuts as he can barely tell the difference now, as he says, with his MIA Precision. Even his wife couldn't tell as he was noodling on it and she thought it was his that he was playing....:D

Also have modded my 50's CV. Added HipShot tuners and a QuarterPounder to it. Didn't mess with the bridge on it tho

11. bassforce

bassforce Guest

Feb 7, 2007
    I'd go for Fendre 5090's strings and maybe Fendre pickup and bridge covers. You can change the tuners for Fendre. Oh and the bridge - I don't like the himass bridges like Badssa - I'd buy Fendre classic/vintage bridge. Also I'd buy a nice Fendre tweed case.

12. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    I can not put mine down. I have been actually taking it to rehersals as well. It just feels right.

The only Mod I did was change the bridge. I put in a Fender Classic Bridge. The saddle was too high on the original.

The Bass stays in tune now, so the tuners will stay for now. It sounds great with flats:p.
    I was going to have a guy color it a coffee color or an olympic white because I did not like the sonic blue, but it is growing on me now. I have not gone with the Mint Pickguard, but it will happen if I keep it the original color. pick-ups might get changed to Fralins. We will see.

You may not need to mod after all. It is a great bass.