1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squire Classic vibe Jazz vs. 50th anniversary Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassfart, Apr 21, 2010.

1. bassfart

bassfart

May 5, 2008
    I just went down to my local music store and tried out 2 bass guitars back to back. The first one was a Squire Classic vibe jazz bass. It was a really nice playing instrument with a great sound, and really well built. I was surprised because Squires don't have a great reputation for being well built and sounding great, but this bass was both. Then I tried out the new 50th anniversary Jazz bass. It looked great hanging on the wall with its block inlays and candy apple red finish and matching headstock, but when I played it, I was disappointed. It just didn't feel as comfortable as the Squire, and the sound was mediocre at best. I always thought you had to spend the money to get quality, but in this case I would go with the less expensive model and be perfectly happy. Don't let a fancy paint job and a big price tag fool you, let you fingers and ears make the decision.

2. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY

Classic example of price point not reflecting personal tonal value. Speaking of tone...is bass fart something you look for in your sound? :p it's a creative s/n for sure.

3. tubster

tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    If it looks good, is put together good, sounds good and calls to you - it is good!

(Biased. I have 2 Classic Vibes - gotta go a long way in $$ to beat them)

4. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    Good post. The CVs are a damn steal. Got the P & the J at my store & I can't stop playing them, I think they both play better & sound better than their american counter-parts.