squire jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by navid, Sep 3, 2005.

1. navid

Sep 3, 2005
    I was thinking about buying a second hand squire jazz bass. Does anyone konw whether it is possible to take off the pickgaurd jaco style, and it not revealing the wires etc.
  2. You should be able to take it off without exposing the wires...
  3. alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    If it the body is built like the Fender Standard Jazz bass (which I am sure it is), there is a giant route between the bridge pickup and the control cavity. A cheaper way to cut the body, when mass producing. We call this the swiming pool route. So taking off the pickguard would expose this, not too pretty.
  4. navid

Sep 3, 2005
    So there's no way right?
    cheers guys
  5. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Well, i could take the pg off my squier jazz with nothing exposed. They're different to the MIM.
  6. darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    On the MIM Fender Jazz, the wires are exposed when the pickguard is taken off. That didn't stop me; mine has no pickguard on right now. I'm waiting for my replacement black pickguard to ship over here so it can compliment the midnight wine :bassist:
  7. jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    Here is a pic of my Jazz bass with the pickguard removed. Looked crummy so I put it back on. The picture doesn't show it, but no gaping holes...mine is a 1985-89 Squire MI Japan model.