Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Squire Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGENERAL, Jan 3, 2002.

1. BassGENERAL

BassGENERAL

Dec 8, 2001
    Hey I've been lookin for a cheap decent quality bass, and I have been thinking about the Squire Jazz bass. Has anyone here ever tried them out?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Cheap, but not decent. There's a boatload of other basses you should consider before a Squire.

I once bought a Squire as a fixer-upper, put active electronics in it, new pickups, a new bridge, new tuners, shielded the cavity, and had the frets properly leveled. The result: a piece of junk bass made of bad wood, a crappy unstable neck with frets that were loose, and an empty wallet.

3. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    How long ago was that? The newer Squiers are pretty good, for the price you pay. I have an Affinity P and I like it.

4. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Welcome to TalkBass,BassGENERAL.Ive played a few Squier J's that werent too bad,considering the price.However,for a little more money the MIM Jazz would be a better buy,imo.

Dont forget to look into used Basses.Theres alot of good deals to be had out there.

Good luck:cool: