Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Squire Musicmaster Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by otomak, Mar 17, 2003.

1. otomak

otomak

Aug 23, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hi, I wanted to know if the Squire Musicmaster Bass, the older ones with Vista Tone pickups, are a good buy for around $150. I'm interested in these for their looks mostly, but hear that they sound great, along with the fact that short scale basses are "fun to play".

If anyone has one and would like to comment, or if you think $150 is too much/too little, I'd appreciate any response.

Mak

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I misread your header. So as I'm here, have a bump.

I was lent a late 70's Musicmaster a while back. I really liked it. That probably doesn't help you.

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    The VistaTone pickups sound fine, but I actually prefer the six-pole 'Strat' pickup in my '78 Musicmaster... Probably just a personal thing, and granted that it sounded vaguely like doo-doo before I bypassed the controls... I've seen the Squire's going for as little as $100, (GC was blowing them out at $99 a few years back... Like an idiot, I passed :( ), but I'd probably go $150 for a good player... When it comes right down to it, any bass is worth as much as someone will pay for it. Lotta words, little help... :cool:

[​IMG]

-robert

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    That bass is exactly like the one I borrowed for a month or two. Thanks I miss it now.. :bawl: