Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Squire or Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by password, Jul 28, 2002.

1. password

password

Jul 28, 2002
    Which bass would be better for playing music such as Korn Godsmack etc. Lowend sounds.

A squire affinity P-Bass / squire standard precision

or

A Ibanez GSR 200

im a begginer

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Definatley the Ibanez

3. Korn and Godsmack both play Ibanez.

Stay away from the Affinity Squiers, but the standards are safe.

4. Spam2mapS

Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Another vote for the ibanez, it is a more well made bass then the squire, definitely. It should also suit your sound better

5. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    Regardless of the sound you are looking for,
    I'd vote Ibanez over any Squire.

6. Eismann

Eismann

Jul 27, 2002
    Michigan
    Ibanez should work for ya

7. password

password

Jul 28, 2002
    So ya'll think the ibanez gsr 200 is better than just about any squire bass.

8. Actually, I can't stand the entry level Ibanez Soundgears. I much prefer the Squier P bass.

9. I would pick the Ibanez out of those two choices. Not necessaarily the best beginner bass, but better than a Affinity Squire IMO.

10. fmblend

fmblend

Jul 14, 2002
    get the ibanez, it'll make u look cooler ;)

11. You might want to check out Essex basses:

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/

Many TB'ers have recommended them and have said that the Fender clones are comparable to the MIM Fenders.

12. password

password

Jul 28, 2002
    SO WHICH WOULD HAVE A LOWER TONE THE SQUIRE OR IBANEZ.

13. StartingLineBass

StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002
    Other then that I would the Ibanez would have the lower tone, never you used the one you said but I did use on and an a Affinty and on the same settings the Ibanez was deeper and a little less punchy. But I would defanitly go with the Ibanez over the Squier but Essex is the best choice for a begginer bass.

14. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    NO! You need an Ibanez SR300DX (look in my signature):D

15. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Uhh -- isn't an E an E? I mean, the low E on an Ibanez is going to have the same tone as the low E on a Squier, no?

I think when you're talking "entry level," they all sound the same anyway, don't they? And quit yelling, we were tryin' to answer your question, password!

16. password

password

Jul 28, 2002
    Gosh, chill out mr hategear who said i was yelling, i was just trying to see what bass would play my music.

Sorry if you got affended.

17. you must remember that korn and godsmack tune wayyy down korn is ADGCF and godsmack is CGCF i believe.

so your question should be which neck will handle the lower tension better!

18. Plucky

Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    Underwater
    i got the ibanez and i think its way better than any squier, but that sr300dx would be even better than the gsr if its in good condition.

19. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Listen to the man!

20. RyKnoz

RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    NYC
    ibanez gsr200 has a slightly deeper sound, dunno y there's something weird woth the tone knob. The sr300 should be better as long as well it's in good condition etc.