Squire PJ Project

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by 4Mal, Aug 31, 2005.

1. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    No pup's - or with a MIM J bridge pup installed. Has Bill Lawrence Q filter installed. Shoreline Gold. Truss appears to work, frets are in decent shape. The action isn't perfect. Not bad, but it's going to want a setup before you take it out on tour ...

Oddly enough - for a beater the thing appears to be perfect. Just needs pickups.

$100. will trade for (no stomp boxes unless they are a Sparkle Drive for my Tele...) [​IMG]
  2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Hey lethargy,
    I got no PM ...

but you are going to have to explain how you came up with your handle regardless...
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hmmmm.....I'll need to find something worth $100 that you can't stomp on. :)

4. lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    hmmm...weird. so I sent another PM, the gist of which is "I'll take it, here's a trade idea, and if not, cash..."

so the handle...

well, it all goes back to 1990, when I had just come back from my freshman year in college. my brother, some friends and I would always get together and make noise -- really, more noise than anything else...and some really REALLY bad music. Well, we started pretending we were a band, and decided we needed a name. Someone started talking about steak tartar, and that was in the air when I reflected on a ridiculous thing that happened to me at school. I was on the college bowl team and we were at a competition one weekend. At breakfast, our "coach" warned us not to eat too much or we'd be lethargic at the matches...all that weekend we joked about how we were suddenly getting stricken with "lethargy." Jump back to the joke band -- I brought up that story, and someone put "lethargy" together with "tartar" and TADA: Lethargy Tar-Tare. We thought the idea of "lazy and raw" was a good way to characterize what we were doing...

we have a website of the same name (domain name), but it's a mix of bad and awful, so visitors be forewarned :eek: but we actually have 2-3 gigs of our recordings up there, including a lot of stuff from the 80s and 90s...it's pretty funny for us to hear where we all got started...and now we all pretty much use the "lethargytartare" moniker whenever we feel like it, so its kinda becoming more of a gestalt identity than anything else...(we don't share it in any one place, so here it's just me :) )

there ya go...

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    The Squire moves on to LethargyTartar ... and now we know how that handle came about ... lazy and raw ... hmmm....