1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squire VM 77

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rickenmonster, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Just ordered this. Going to put in some DiMarzio Model Js I have lying about with 500k pots. Also, it gets the Badass II from the Ric. Ric gets the Hipshot. A set of strings,clean up the fret ends some and I think it'll be a good little bass. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1390706613.907276.

2. audioglenn

audioglenn

Jul 14, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Lucky you! Great looking bass!

3. Remus_Redbone

Remus_Redbone

Dec 27, 2010
    Western AR
    If it's like the one I have, they made one aspect way too authentic. Mine weighs about 14 lbs. I took the neck off and put it on a MIM P body. I took the remains and put a MM fretless neck on it. I use if for recording only, since it's a health hazard when hanging over my shoulder on a strap....

4. I have more than 14 lbs of gear strapped to my shoulders all day long. Shouldn't be a problem.

5. Electrophonic

Electrophonic

Aug 11, 2010
    It is a sweet bass out of the box. Those upgrades are not a must - unless that is what you prefer. It is a good bass in stock condition.

6. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays... Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Sweet! I had the black model. Fantastic sound, stock. I probably regret selling it, just a little bit... :D

7. RyanJD

RyanJD Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    *Squier

Looks great!
    I had a VM J bass at one point. I really liked it.

8. Agreed. I do have this extra hardware lying about so It will go in the new bass. I will also sand and oil the neck. Did that with my other Jazz neck and it is less "sticky".

9. Oops! Yes. Squier.