1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squire VM Fretless - Stock vs CS60s (Soundclips)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Mar 13, 2008.

1. If anyone is interested, I swapped out the Duncan Design pickups in my Squire VM Fretless for a set of Fender Custom Shop 60s I had in a SX bass.. Here are a couple clips:

On both clips, first part is both pickups, second part is neck, and third is bridge. I recorded directly into the line in on my computer so quality isnt fantastic but it gives you an idea..

Stock Duncan Design Pickups

Fender Custom Shop 60s Pickups

Let me know your opinions on the sound..

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I think they both sound good. I generally don't like a solo'd bridge pickup but I think it sounds really good even with the stock pickup.

3. Koeda

Koeda

Aug 21, 2007
    Nashville
    +1 - can't find a fault with either. The CS 60's seem to breath a bit more on the top - so I would slightly favor those by this comparison. Fender better be making these by the truckload - I love ebonol for the fretless necks.
    David

4. Yeah, to my ears they both seem very similar.. The 60's sound slightly better but not $180 worth.. I just tossed them in since I had them in another bass.