Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAWBassist, Jul 19, 2005.

1. MAWBassist

Jul 18, 2005
    I have 2 Squires. I got them because I like the look of fenders but can't afford it. The one I bought originally had a lot of problems with it after I bought it. The nut breaking in half, the pickguard snapping, the tuning keys becoming really lose. Then I got another and it seemed good but then the tone drops every once in a while. Is it the basses or something I'm doing?
  2. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I think your doing something wrong because thats some pretty harsh damage.a pickguard doesnt just snap in half its a flat piece of plastic lying on a wood I dont think I could snap mine if I wanted to. also the nut breaking thats deffinately not good......are you "rough" with your bass? it sounds like it takes abuse.
  3. Maybe it's you, mybe its not

*HINT* Try a Rondo MUSIC bass (essex,brice) their nice for the price http://www.rondomusic.net

Have fun good luck
  4. I think you forgot the word "suck" in the thread's title.
  5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Are those anything like Squiers?
  6. MAWBassist

Jul 18, 2005
    Well the pickguard breaking was a freak accident with the cable. But the nut breaking was odd to me I had to take it to a music shop and they super glued it together. I believe they said that it was made out of a weak plastic which is why it broke.
  7. As I said really consider the ROndos many people on TB would agree (hey i just rhymed)