Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by TheAmpNerd, Sep 23, 2004.

1. TheAmpNerd

Apr 25, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I purchased a Bergantino 2 x 10 cab from this kid who advertized it as in Great Shape.

It came with 2 cones that were badly damaged and were creased
    from abuse. They were fried and unusable for my purpose for using it as a reference cab. Zak Devore refused to take back the cab and give a full refund as it "worked fine for him" and he didn't know it was damaged.

Did he contact Jim Bergantino as I suggested and I did to find out why the cab sounded poor (Sh**ty) when I first plugged it in. Jim
    guided me through the trouble shooting process.

After a month and one half of communicating with him via
    asynchronous email, voice mail, and PMs, he eventually
    agreed to send a money order for half the cost of new
    drivers and crossovers. Talk about pulling teeth!

Had I known this I wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.

I would rather have my money back then having to spend more money on this cab. Oh well live and learn. Us caution with this guy.
  2. I bought a pair of pickups from Zak - the transaction and product were without problems. I would deal again.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Bought a SWR Big Ben from Zak a while ago. Was what he said it was, worked fine, and pretty easy to talk to.
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    bought an ehx microsynth from him a good while ago, was a problem free transaction
  5. Sold Zak a new Iamp 800, transaction was a smooth as silk.
    Great guy to deal with.
  6. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I bought a BSX electric upright from Zak, and went to his house twice. I actually played through the Berg cab referenced above, but only briefly and at low volume. It seemed fine at that time, FWIW. Honestly, I wasn't paying a great deal of attention to the speaker cab though. Note: this was also several months before the above transaction.

I've exchanged a few PMs with Amp Nerd, and don't really know what to make of that whole situation. Sounds like a bummer all the way around. Zak's a nice guy in person, and our dealings have been exemplary.

Update: I just completed a trade with Zak today (11/16/04). I traded my iAmp 350 plus cash for his iAmp 800. I got a chance tor try a few of his cabs out, and had a fine time hanging out, same as the other deal. Thanks Zak!
  7. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    I sold a ashdown rpm evo II preamp to him and payment was quick and smooth.
  8. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I sold him an item as well with a good experience. Perhaps a mod can remove the thread's initial thumbs-down icon? Most of the stuff in the thread is positive, although I would agree AmpNerd had a legitimate beef.
  9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Bought an akai deep impact from zack, great transaction.