1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SR1306PD Japan?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KiDD QuE, Jul 22, 2012.

1. KiDD QuE

KiDD QuE

Jun 10, 2012
    Austin Tx
    Ok im a newbie and im really trying to find a 6 string bass. This guy has a SR1306PD but he says its made in japan. I dont know much about manufacturers and stuff but does this mean its a knock of or its just were it was made?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/msg/3084798826.html

also how much is this bass worth?

2. SwagAttack

SwagAttack

Sep 14, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    The top Ibanez basses are crafted in Japan. So it is the top of their line however long ago I would presume. Just because it is made in Japan doesn't mean it is a knockoff.

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

That is a top end SR bass, if you like it that is a very fair price. Ibanez is a Japanese company, so you want a Japanese bass over an Indonesian or wherever they out sourced them too. It is the same reason you want a US Fender, home built stuff is always built to the highest degree.

I wouldn't buy the bass sight unseen, I hated my SR and would never want to own another for a plethora of reasons. Some people love theirs. Look into reviews though, I know the SR506 I had couldn't be intonated, after reading reviews, it wasn't just mine, none of them can be.

4. SwagAttack

SwagAttack

Sep 14, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    That may be true, but I don't think that a Japanese Ibanez would have those issues. Unless of course the owner didn't take care of the instrument. I would agree though, go try it out before you buy it.

5. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Produced in the early to mid 90's and they sold for around 1300 new....