SR405 buzzing strings, how to fix

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassfreak12345, Jul 8, 2001.

1. bassfreak12345

Jul 8, 2001
    I won this bass on ebay like a week ago, when I recieved it I played it and I noticed that the strings are buzzing alot, especially at the 1st and 2nd fret. whats causing this problem and how do I fix it?! thanks
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Probably the nut slots are cut too deep.
    You could fix this yourself with superglue, but since it's a new bass (and you didn't pay anything for it), fork out the cash for a good setup job done by a good service tech.
    He can diagnose this best. It's kinda hard to do over the net, and it just might be caused by your playing technique only, you never know.
    A good tech can help you in any case.
  3. bassfreak12345

Jul 8, 2001
    ok thanks yeah, I figured thats what I was going to have to do. your right though, the nut slots look pretty deep compared to my yamaha rbx250
  4. Keep in mind that excessive fret buzz at the lower frets is also a classic indicator of a neck with too little relief. I would turn the truss rod counter clockwise a quarter turn before you do anything with your nut. A pro set-up would be the best thing.
  5. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    For what it's worth, I agree with T Jay.