SR810 IBANEZ soundgear bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jazzfiend, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Jazzfiend

Nov 30, 2002
    hey. i was at the guitar center earlier today talking to some of the guys there, and trying out some of the basses. He told me that i should try the SR810 soundgear bass, by ibanez; and wow. It has a terrific feel, with a nice thin neck and terrific tone. HAve any of you ever played one of them? They seem great to me, and I am considering buying one. However, have any of you had any experiences with them that i should know about? I just a couple other outside views, pros cons, that stuff. THANKS! :)
  2. BTSbass

Feb 18, 2011
    I just traded mine in for a SR300.

The 810 has a huge tone range so much so that at times it caused me some frustrations while playing on stage. I had to simplify so that I could make quicker tone adjustments from song to song.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great sounding and feeling guitar... it's just that it was too adjustable for my needs.

In the studio it was DA BOMB! On our 2nd CD "Are We There Yet?" you hear all the the subtle tone changes from track to track. I was going direct line into the board w/ no effects until they were added later w/ Pro Tools. If you want to hear it in action go to :D

Good luck with your research and keep it on the F clef!:bassist: