1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SRX500 Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stampy, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    I bought a used SRX500 yesterday and I have a couple questions. It has passive pickups with an active eq, so on my Ampeg BA115 to I plug into the passive jack or -15db jack ? What is the stock string gauge? I have Rotosound 66's 45-105 on my GSR200. It is black but what is the color code? I has an aftermarket output jack on it and I would like to get an original. The original part number is 3JK1C14DZ but I don't know where to order it from. The straplock that was on there got ripped out(on the bottom) but instead of putting a new one in the some hole the previous owner but a new one in about an inch away to theres a tiny hole in the body. It didn't seem to affect the ballance of it and my new strap covers it up but I would like to fix it. Does anyone know what a good filler/epoxy is that I can put in there and I would love to find some matching black paint. Also what is the production run of the SRX500? My serial number is C01110885 so I am assuming it was built in 2001 but they were not made in 2001 so I guess its a early 2002 model?

2. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    I plug my Ibbys into the -15db input of my amp; I don't know about your specific model, but I doubt it's different from their standard, which according to the Ibby user manual it's 045 - 105 for 4ers; judging by the serial number, it seems the bass was built in November 2001.

3. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    Thanks. The amp is an Ampeg BA115. I run my GSR200 in the 0db jack but this SRX has a lot more power and its too loud for that jack I think. Does Ibanez have maunals I can get in print or view online?

4. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    Yeah, you can download the user manual from the official Ibanez website.

5. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    Thanks

6. I think you're right on the year - in Ibanez serials the 1st two numbers are the year. Stock string gauges are 45 / 65 / 85 / 105 (Elixirs on SR - not sure on SRX). Try this page for Identification - save it for reference:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/index.htm

7. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    The SRX's had elixers as well.