1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ss/bs buzzz or Idiotbox Ron Swanson?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tourniquet Man, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tourniquet Man

Tourniquet Man

Jun 12, 2015
    Can't decide between these two? Or maybe someone has a better suggestion? Looking for a superfuzz.

TalkBass.... Go!

2. gsquare

gsquare Pedal Breeders' BIGBoardClub#104;CabronitaClub#8 Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Peoria, AZ
  3. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    Check out my soundcloud for a bunch of Swanson clips. Scroll down because they're all over the place
    Soultron

4. Buzzz or Wounded Paw Attack Goat or Broughton Sunder or Wattson FY6.

5. Tourniquet Man

Tourniquet Man

Jun 12, 2015
    Was set on the buzzz until I heard your Swanson clips. That was the reason for the op

6. Tourniquet Man

Tourniquet Man

Jun 12, 2015
    That Wattson fy6 sounded really good on guitar. Any idea how it sounds with bass?

7. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    Ron Swanson FTW

8. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    Cool. Well, let me just say that the Swanson is a very special pedal with an incredibly aggressive tone. It sounds much better with my P bass than my Jazz to my ears though. Highly recommended.

9. Tourniquet Man

Tourniquet Man

Jun 12, 2015
    I play a Mia jazz. Could always sell it and get a p

10. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    DOn't go crazy there! :) If you want to hear it with a Jazz, most of the clips are played with a Jazz on my soundcloud. Basically, unless the clip specifically says "p bass," I am playing my SX Jazz bass, which have pretty crappy pickups. If you want another clip or two, I can pull out the SX again for you. If that's the case, just let me know what you want to hear and I'll try my best to accomodate.

Tourniquet Man likes this.
  11. Tourniquet Man

Tourniquet Man

Jun 12, 2015
    These are both great clips there b-rabbit. Watched juans interview with Brian a few times now (initially sold me on the tafm). Juan is notorious for just cranking pedals but that other clip really showcased the versatility of the buzzz.

blindrabbit likes this.
  12. I have a BYOC "leeds fuzz" I've built myself. Super cool and sounds just like the real thing.

13. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I went buzzzzz because the knobs on the Swanson drove me nuts. Cool fuzzes both of them though

Tourniquet Man and blindrabbit like this.
  14. Tourniquet Man

Tourniquet Man

Jun 12, 2015
    If you ignored the functuality of the Swanson and based your opinion soley on tone would you still choose the buzzz?

15. JonnyAngle

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    It's only 2 knobs. I hardly even notice

16. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    I think the issue is their location, not their quantity. I hate using the Swanson on my small board because the knobs can easily be hit and bent. If they were up on the face of the pedal, like most pedals, it would not be an issue. I think Matt should really reconsider the placement of those knobs because people clearly have an issue with them and since it isn't a faithful visual replica of the Superfuzz, it doesn't have to have those knobs there.

Mosfed and Tourniquet Man like this.
  17. ThePresident777

ThePresident777

Oct 6, 2013
    Son Rwanson

18. JonnyAngle

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    do you step on patch cables when pedals have top mounted jacks?