1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SS/BS 'Hawk' ;does anyone here know this pedal and could give me some info on it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cnltb, Feb 12, 2016.

1. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Hi All!
    I saw this pedal and like the looks of it.
    But...
    Is it any good?
    I'd greatly appreciate any and all info on it.
    Thanks!:)

2. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    The look of a pedal has zero influence on how it sounds. Close your eyes, plug it in and listen

3. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I like the clips I heard but it seems hard to get.

blindrabbit likes this.
  4. It is hard to get, it was discontinued long ago. @DrewM85 just sold his, he knows a lot about it, and is best suited to answer the question. What I know about it is only second hand, that it is a variation on the TAFM but with less controllable options. IMO/IME everything that ss/bs makes sounds amazing though, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if you can find it.

DrewM85 likes this.
  5. DrewM85

DrewM85

Jan 2, 2012
    DE
    It's a silicon fuzz face clone with the fuzz gain permanently set to max. Also has a built in overdrive that can be switched pre or post fuzz. The three way switch changes the EQ response, basically changes the treble content. And the last switch changes the overdrive gain.

FilterFunk and blindrabbit like this.
  6. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I had one and loved what it did, but I just didn't need what it did.

I have this thing for high-gain, brutal dirt pedals, but they're more of an indulgence for me than a necessity. Having said all that, I remember the Hawk being very sharp and cutting, not warm and round. I also remember some low-end loss, but nothing major; nothing some clean blend couldn't fix.