1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SS/BS Year 2525 vid demo

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by behndy, Dec 29, 2011.

1. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    MOOF.

man. i have a Year4545. it's so good. but the Year2525 takes all the stuff that i could (and sometimes shouldn't) use live and makes it a simpler interface where i feel safer getting back to a tone that i love. i think right now Mssr. Hamilton is revising the 4545 to sit somewhere between the 2525 and the 4545 in terms of controls/sound/functionality right now. can't wait to see what that sounds like.

here's a youtube bloober...........

SS/BS Year2525 on bass - YouTube

LURV. THIS. PEDAL.

2. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    best fuzz ever

3. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    it.......... IS delicious.

4. JBTucci

JBTucci

Oct 27, 2008
    KS
    nice!

5. bassboysam

bassboysam Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario
    How exactly does one use this pedal in a band setting?

6. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    well, since there's only one type of band one TRUE accepted way to play bass.......

*slaps BassBoySam Ass*

c'mon now silly. there's a lot of ways. i've already put together a piece i'm going to integrate that uses the parts that would normally be silence to play off of the way the self oscillator comes in.

of course, like most effects, this isn't for everybody. doubt people that Rokk Out With Their Praise Worship **** Out would dig on it, but there's loaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads of people that dig this kind of stuff.

meow.

7. bassboysam

bassboysam Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Let me rephrase, can anyone show me examples of something like this being used in a band setting?

Didn't mean to be snarky ;)

8. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    sweet!

*hugs*

urm..... i don't have anything recorded, we're in the nascent stage of Bandery, but the builder for SmallSound/BigSound uses a Year4545 (the Big Daddy version of the 2525) with his backup vocals and keyboard in his band Cymbals Eat Guitars.

9. theavondon

theavondon

May 11, 2009
    Town
  10. Schlatte

Schlatte

Dec 25, 2010
    I used to think that this kind of effect was not usable in a band situation. Then I took a crazy awesome oscillating Fuzz to the amp.
    But ya'know... Some people would prefer a natural warm sounding tubelike OD that underlines the character of the amp and gives it the dumble warmth and toanz of tube compression.
    Anyways... YAAAY! 2525 is awesome. And the demo is awesome as well. Very nice Mr. Behnderson.

11. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    thank you suh! Brian builds such nice stuff it's EASY to get yummy toanz out of it.