Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SSD nostalgia

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Keep the 3 tone sunburst MIA Fender Stratocaster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Welcome back Mr. SSD NS5CR

16 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Yes, my old SSD NS5Cr is again in a shop near where i live. it's on sale for 600$. it's in excellent condition, black cherry. it was mine then i sold it but always wanted it back. now it's available again but i have no money. so if i want it back i have to scarifice my 3 tone sunburst Fender Stratocaster MIA. yes it's a guitar against a bass, but i play and love both instruments. what i have to do?!?! keep the Stratocaster or sacrifice the Stratocaster for the SSD?

p.s. SSD is the old Spector brandname and this model after all is a Czech Spector. and you know that Czechtor are killer, heavy and violent basses!

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Heavy, killer, and violent, whereas Strats are a dime a dozen.

You loved that bass. Go find your love:D

3. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    Get ur spector back!!!!! :D

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    spector!!!
    unless you already have one bass.
    and that is your only guitar.

steve

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  6. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    Where did you say you live? If you won't get it back I would love to have it. Your silly if you don't go out and get it back.
    Cheers

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    mmhh... at the moment i am thinking of a comeback. i'll trade my MIA Strato and then i'll build a guitar together with my friend a guitar similar to this one:

[​IMG]

tomorrow morning i'll go to the shop and we'll see what will happen...

8. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    My GOD that is a beautiful guitar!

9. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    yes that is an impressive guitar. a RASH totally handmade by a friend of mine who's luthier.

10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    It's only a Strat - trade it off!

11. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    It's been a couple of days. What did you end up doing?

12. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Ciao Nino

i decided to trade the Strato for the spector. but i am working and studying like a mile and i have no time to reach the shop. i plan to go there saturday morning and do the trade. i'll let you informed. in the meantime i quite finished the website for the top notch italian builder Rash guitars. check the website at www.rashguitars.it and let me know what do you think of it...

13. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    ok so i went to the shop, the SSD is still there and it's a beauty. i played it and remembered how good it is. but there is a problem. the shop does not accept trade ins. this because the bass is in the shop but it's not property of the shop, it's owned by a client. so i have to pay cash for it. i am not able to have that money in these days, but the spector virus hits me back. so tomorrow morning i'll go and try to sell the strato where i bought. with the money i intend to go to that shop and buy back tha Spector. the Black cherry color is wonderful!!!

14. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    and if you want all the truth, i have seen a 4 string ibanez ATK first serie on sale for 250$ in great condition. sunburst....mmhh GAS never ENDS!!!

someone please. help me!!!

15. You are making the wise choice!

16. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    OK, the 1st thing you need to do is have good credit, 2nd, BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!!!!!:p

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Spector in Black cherry vs. ATK? I'm not seeing the dilemma here?

SPECTOR!

18. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    the problem is that is not Spector Vs. ATK is that i want them both!!!:D

19. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    First things first, sell the Strat and get the Spector. That gives you back your Spector!! Then you can still have GAS for the ATK!!!! And lastly - you'll still have your friend build you your Rash guitar!!!

Dude - you can't lose!:D :D