1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sssnake cables opinions.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jerem, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Jerem

Jerem

Jun 6, 2012
    Hello there, i was getting some new stuff at thomann, and i decided to buy new cables, and i found fancy looking cables, http://www.thomann.de/pl/the_sssnake_tmi_6_pp_vintage_gelb.htm but i know, that sssnake is producer mainy (or only) for thomann, and its not allways = quality. So, maybe someone here own one of these (or any drom TMI series) and can tell me if these are good or total crap. ofc i know that these arent studio quality cables, bot i dont need so good cables atm, because im still newb :3

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Unless thats a super low price Id pass. Couple reasons: First they dont say what gauge the wire is. Second they claim silver metal plugs. If they actually where silver theyd be very expensive and the benefit for instrument cable is questionable. I know some audiophile grade speaker cables and interconnects use silver wire and or plugs. But they are ubber expensive compared to regular high qaulity copper and gold palted plugs.

Concerning gauge, all upper end cables including livewire elite etc list the cable gauge which is generally thicker then most budget and low price cables. This can give a little bit fuller and little more detailed sound.