St Anger- The Video

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by metallybassist, Jun 1, 2003.

1. metallybassist

May 22, 2002
    hey guys,

thought for those of you unlucky enoughnot to have witnessed this video id post a link here!

check out rob's wicked hair, and that bass stance!

enjoy guys, let me kno what you think, ooh and spread the word, metallica are coming!
  2. metallybassist

May 22, 2002
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Those links don't work from outside the fanscape page, but it only links to the metallica site anyway.

[oops, I thought you only meant the ecard ,not the vid, i was a little confused]
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    very cool tune. i dig it alot.
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I think it sucks big time
  6. odie

odie Supporting Member

I like it but it did seem alittle shallow lyric wise. Ive always dug James' words but those seemed a little juvenile and repetitive.
  7. BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    Wow. An all-time low for these guys? Maybe.

Is the vid being at San Quentin supposed to validate them as being hardcore? Sorry but the orginal Man In black did that over 35 years ago.

Also is that Fred Durst doing the little "Its bustin out, Its bustin Out" :meh:
  8. Idk, I have mixed feeings about the song...when I first heard some of Metallica's new stuff on MTV Icon, I was thinking "ewwww"...even though they kick @$$ on the old stuff (or as I call it, the METALLICA era). If I could actually hear guitar and bass in St. Anger instead of Lars' snare and cymbols and James singing, I might be able to like it, but until then, I am undecided.
  9. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Worst. Drums. Ever.

With all that clanking, it sounds like they've got Fieldy playing percussion for them.
  10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Did anyone else notice that James almost looks like The Edge with a beard, at least with that hat on?
  11. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I definitely think they are taking a turn for the worse. Sure, the song is decent, but its just NOT the Metallica we all know and love.
  12. Just heard it....I think it's pretty poor to be honest, it didn't seem to have much...power behind it.
  13. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    ST. anger..that was metallica?

Sorry to any fans, but it's appalling, just as bad as every other crap nu metal song out there.

Any one rember when they opposed napster due to loss of sales? I think the new style explains it all :rolleyes:
  14. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Ps - wheres the solo?! You cant do a long song in that style without a solo! (That one goes out to Ministry too after seeing them live yesterday :meh: ).
  15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    just what the hell is going on with Lars snare drum, it was annoying and sounded really cheap.

dude, they are Nu-Metal now, there are no solos! :rolleyes:
  16. it's funny because you might think that the quality is lacking because you're watching it on your computer- nope. that is the quality of the song on the album, and of the video on TV.
  17. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    consider yourself blessed. :D
  18. James seems to have forgotten how to write good lyrics and vocal lines. Maybe if he was drunk...