1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

St Antonio DB's?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by heath_the_great, Dec 23, 2006.

1. alright, im primarily an electric player but am looking and starting to double up, and ive had a brief look around and ive found 2 particular basses that have grabbed my attention (not that i know what im looking for) that are within my price range, both are st antonio's

ones a St.Antonio KS Blonde Double Bass 3/4
    http://bassworks.com.au/store/prod250.htm

and the other's a St Antonio Slim Bass Outfit Deluxe (with realist pickup)
    http://bassworks.com.au/store/prod236.htm

2. Jake

Jake

Dec 11, 1999
    Florida
    Heath, my advice is to get hooked up with a good upright player in your area and ask him help you check out the basses your interested in. I haven't heard of that brand and my guess is most of the other TBDB'ers haven't either, but if you find a cat who's been around and can play, you'll both be able to tell from the sound and construction whether or not you should buy. I've seen a few DB players from Australia on the forum, perhaps you could get in touch with one of them. All the best, JN

3. theres only one i know of in the area but i have idea how to get in touch with him...im not really looking for anything spectacular at the moment, just something half decent to start on that wont cost me a fortune....apprentice wages arent that good:smug: :p

4. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
  5. thanks sippy, but theres a difference between AUS $2495 and US $2600 :p

6. Arnold

Arnold Supporting Member

I would agree with what was said before me, and I would add that I would stay away from the 'slim' bass. Unless you get it for nearly nothing, selling it when you are ready to upgrade is really hard. To that end I would look for a used instrument. Try the local players, you'll want to know them anyway.
    Peace.
    Arnold