1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

St. Louis bands

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassbum, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Back in the middle 70's the band I was in relocated to St. Louis and worked some of the local bars for about 1 1/2 years. My guitar player in the band got an e-mail from a friend of his that played the St. Louis scene also. Well, someone put together a web site of all the known bands that worked that area from the 60's, 70's and 80's. If you played St. Louis during that time, your band may be on there, mine wasn't. Even if you didn't, just a look as some of the old band hair and outfits is hilarious.
    The only band on there that has a now famous player is Phil Driscoll. They may be others. You and see him in his younger days as the band, Phil Driscoll and Yurmama. Enjoy

The Metro St Louis Live Music Historical Society

2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I saw this a few weeks back. My band from back then isn't on there either.

3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I was in Phil's band in 81-82, 6 nights a week at the Chase Hotel! Thanks for bringing back that memory. It was a SMOKING band.

4. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    Contact Greg at the email he posted on the site. He will be happy to add you. He might not get to it right away because he's pretty busy with his band and other obligations, but he is dedicated to make the site as comprehensive as possible.
    I am in several of the bands on that site and I helped him acquire some of the images.

edit: Send him your photo scans and bios to greg@dejawho.com

5. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    I am a native St. Louisan and have played with the drummer of Broken Toyz/King of the Hill, the drummer from Stranded Lads, and probably a few others. An interesting story, the guitar player from The Eyes/Pale Devine has been the rhythm guitarist of Guns and Roses for several years now. He has not lived here for quite a few years but recently bought a residence in town and works out at the local YMCA!