Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Staccato Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kraig99, Jun 18, 2002.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    YAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

**Runs away, screaming!!**

MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!

MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i played it...sounds really cool....punchy like a p-bass....but, uhhh.....not, i guess :D i like gene simmons' better, though....the black one with the skull & crossbones...he played it in the old "hide your heart" video....remember that? yeah.....i dig it

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I think this is as good a time as any to mention that the Staccato bass was co designed by Chris Jagger, Mick's younger bother.

Never saw or heard one. I guess the best thing I can say about it is that it looks original.

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    After being pointed to this one, I deleted my thread on this bass, but I must sound off about it.

If I was trying to get you to go on a blind date with it, I would have to say "it has a great personality."

It might be kind of cool if you had a stand made from a suit of armor and the neck rested in the palm of the gauntlet.

I'll take that even further by saying it does appear useful for slaying dragons and such.

5. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    There's been one of these hanging on the wall at Guitar Center in Chicago for a LONG time now. I pulled it off the wall out of curiosity once, but the setup was so awful that I decided to not even bother plugging in. After that, I kind of lost interest...

6. How much?

7. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i wonder what are the tonal properties of fiberglass filled with polyurethane foam.

8. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Don't recall the price, but I think it was about half what the Bass NW one is going for. I could be way off on that, though. No matter how you slice it, it was WAY to much to consider paying for what I would consider to be a novelty item...

9. Yeah but it looks so cool... I just wish there was a 5 string version ;)

10. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I agree on both counts!