Stacked Blend/Blend? Stacked Volume/Blend?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by C-5KO, Jul 21, 2005.

1. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    The guys in the Luthier's Forum have been extremely helpful.

I was looking for a stacked Volume 500K/Blend 500K. Which I cannot find. Warwick does have a Volume 500K/Blend 25K for their active pups, but it's no good for what I need.

So instead, I'm looking now for a stacked Blend 500K/Blend 500K.

This, along with a stacked Volume will be almost perfect.

If anybody knows of a stacked Blend, or the original stacked Volume/Blend I was looking for.... please, PLEASE, give me a shout. My firstborn to whomever can help!

:help: :help: :help: :help:
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    what do you mean by a stacked blend? Do you mean a regular blend?

Regular 500K blend pot's can be gotten at places like or

I've never seen an aftermarket stacked volume/blend pot
  3. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

By stacked blend, I mean Blend 500K/Blend 500K. Two blends knobs one stacked on the other.

Warwick has the stacked volume/blend, and my local store actually has them in stock too! But the blend is only 25K, so it's useless for my passives.

Warwick also has a stacked blend/blend, but it's at 2 x 220K, and I would really like a 2 x 500K for the extra hi-end.

The pots are listed on the Warwick website:

part number and all.... It's a great idea... just terrible for passive.

i've found the part number for the stacked blend #M89552. But will use this only as a last resort.
  4. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Actually this Warwick part is a Volume 500K/Blend 220K/220K stacked pot. So I am now going with these. This was so hard to find... I don't even think that I will find a 500K/500K Volume/Blend.

My concern now is that the Volume is 500K. Because of this, won't there be more hiss present from the preamp? I was under the impression that the Volume should not be higher than the Blend.

Amazingly enough, the Long & McQuade music store has 5 of them! I couldn't believe it. They're totally overcharging me for them though. $30 CAD! The sales guy actually said that this was the old price from 8 years ago, and if he had to reorder them, it would be more. :eyebrow: Whatever...
  5. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    The pickups will be a tad bit brighter with a 500K volume pot, but not enough to worry about. There's no reason for the volume not to be higher than the tone. Don't sweat it.