1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stacked Blend/Blend? Stacked Volume/Blend?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by C-5KO, Jul 21, 2005.

1. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    The guys in the Luthier's Forum have been extremely helpful.

I was looking for a stacked Volume 500K/Blend 500K. Which I cannot find. Warwick does have a Volume 500K/Blend 25K for their active pups, but it's no good for what I need.

So instead, I'm looking now for a stacked Blend 500K/Blend 500K.

This, along with a stacked Volume will be almost perfect.

If anybody knows of a stacked Blend, or the original stacked Volume/Blend I was looking for.... please, PLEASE, give me a shout. My firstborn to whomever can help!

:help: :help: :help: :help:

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    what do you mean by a stacked blend? Do you mean a regular blend?

Regular 500K blend pot's can be gotten at places like stewmac.com or guitarelectronics.com

I've never seen an aftermarket stacked volume/blend pot

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Sorry,

By stacked blend, I mean Blend 500K/Blend 500K. Two blends knobs one stacked on the other.

Warwick has the stacked volume/blend, and my local store actually has them in stock too! But the blend is only 25K, so it's useless for my passives.

Warwick also has a stacked blend/blend, but it's at 2 x 220K, and I would really like a 2 x 500K for the extra hi-end.

The pots are listed on the Warwick website:

http://www.warwickbass.com/schematics/sch_images/dolphin1.pdf

part number and all.... It's a great idea... just terrible for passive.

i've found the part number for the stacked blend #M89552. But will use this only as a last resort.

4. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Actually this Warwick part is a Volume 500K/Blend 220K/220K stacked pot. So I am now going with these. This was so hard to find... I don't even think that I will find a 500K/500K Volume/Blend.

My concern now is that the Volume is 500K. Because of this, won't there be more hiss present from the preamp? I was under the impression that the Volume should not be higher than the Blend.

Amazingly enough, the Long & McQuade music store has 5 of them! I couldn't believe it. They're totally overcharging me for them though. $30 CAD! The sales guy actually said that this was the old price from 8 years ago, and if he had to reorder them, it would be more. :eyebrow: Whatever...

5. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    The pickups will be a tad bit brighter with a 500K volume pot, but not enough to worry about. There's no reason for the volume not to be higher than the tone. Don't sweat it.