stacking Ampeg SVT-410HLF and SVT-15E?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by amatto82, Sep 3, 2010.

1. hkrobster

hkrobster

Jan 6, 2011
    thanks guys
    oh yes that's right, two 4ohm cabs is 2 ohms. hmm.
    no to be honest i don't think i'll need more volume. standing in front of that thing is an experience. air moving !!
    it's great not having to play an amp at its limit for a change. now i know what you guys mean by headroom. thanks for all your help.

a question for any other 700mkii users: it's a biamp and the two speakon outs are the same, to hook up a tweeter do you need a different kind of speakon cable? the diagram on the back of the head shows that the 2nd pair of pins is for the tweeter (2+ and 2-) but i didn't see any speakon cables marked that way in the shop i went to. sorry for the noob question i'm sure it's really obvious i just don't get it.

2. hkrobster

hkrobster

Jan 6, 2011
    i mean horn. i know the 410hlf is horn loaded but i was just wondering what options i have. thanks guys

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It's a "special" Speakon cable, and works with GK cabs. Probably not worth the effort to make it work with your cab.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    +1. totally useless to make a change to a gk style cab. the attenuator works just fine for that purpose, and respect to gk for making quality gear, but i've always found that "biamping" feature useless on their cabs, too. that's something you do when you have a woofer and a mid driver, not a woofer and tweeter.

5. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

Aug 4, 2011
    I wann get one of these and power it with my Acoustic b600h. how would that sound? anybody have experience mixing the two?

6. lokikallas

lokikallas Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2010
    los angeles
    2 hlfs would be a killer rig if somebody carried my gear for me.

7. PawleeP

PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    East Coast
    i'm only reading this because my ears need a rest, but yes bill sounds on the money with the 118 / 2-8 idea for a bi-amped rig

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 16, 2021