Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

stacking cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigwig, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    hey i've got an angled 4x10 cabinet, and i'm getting a 2x10 today, i was just making sure, if i put the 2x10 under the 4x10, will it be able to support the wieght from the 4x10?
    i cant put it on top because of the way its angled, so i just wanted to make sure.
    thanks alot.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Um, care to identify the brand/model of the cabinets for us, or at least give us their weight measurements?

Not all are made the same, though I'd venture to say that MOST would be OK in that scenario - but if your 210 is a cheapie made with thin/weak wood, and your 410 is a heavy, thickly built monster, you might have problems.

3. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    they're both yorkville cabinets, but the 4x10 is a piece of ****, very old.
    but after buying it and taking it to practise i decided it looked better on top, even though there is the angle, the 2x10 cabinet isnt as deep as the 4x10, so it sits on top nicely.
    ill have to show you guys my rig once i get my new rack case.

4. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    How much deeper is the 410 then the 210? I only ask this because it would suck to have it fall. If it's not much it shouldn't matter. Also you ever think about using the 210 as a monitor in front of you tilted back on one of those handy little stands?

Peace
    -Ben