Stacking Distortion On A B7K

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Quickfinga, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Quickfinga

Quickfinga Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    I'm currently running a Tech 21 VT Bass into a Darkglass B3K but I'm not a huge fan of the B3K sound by itself (I play finger style) and the Tech 21 makes way too much background noise to use. I'm looking at getting a B7K to color my tone and EQ my sound but I want another distortion to stack after it. I really have no direction here, the TRex Bass Juice might be a nice complement but I'm just looking for something to send my tone over the top and I am open to any suggestions. I'm looking for something along the lines of that Polyphia or Intervals sound with some Strawberry Girls mixed in. Any suggestions are appreciated, I'll be up all night looking at demos.

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    I would suggest the other way around - I've tried a bunch of dirt pedals with a B7K and they all sounded best going into the B7K.

When you're stacking like this, it's hard to judge by demos of the pedals in isolation. But pretty much any dirty boost with solid low end will give you good results. I found the SolidgoldFX Beta and IdiotBox Blower Box worked best for me into the B7K live.

3. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Scandinavia
    B3K -> VT :thumbsup:

4. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Richlands, NC
    Source Audio After Shock, you get any kind of fuzz/OD/distortion you can dream up....and you can stack them internally in numerous configs, and tweak them like crazy with their app.
    Rock on.

5. Quickfinga

Jan 30, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    So when you stack a distortion into a preamp like this it doesn't just turn to fuzz?

6. Quickfinga

Jan 30, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Yeah I found the aftershock last night an $150 new seems like a steal for having so many options. Any idea if there is a footswitch available from Source that would toggle between left, right, and then left into right?

7. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Richlands, NC
    No idea, I'm a Helix guy now, but the SA was IT until then. reach out to SA, they get back quick, Nathan is really helpful.
    Rock on.