1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stacking TC Electronics RS210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gazzatriumph, Nov 24, 2017.

1. gazzatriumph

gazzatriumph

Sep 27, 2012
    England
    I currently have an RH 750 and a RS 210 cab, I was thinking about getting another RS 210 and was wondering if anyone has stacked one on top of the other as recommended by TC Electronics, are they stable, they would be placed on an Auralex pad.

2. Steve Welch

Steve Welch

Mar 23, 2017
    West Sussex
    I put my RS210 on top of an RS 212 and it is as rolid as a sock. The 212 is the same width, but is deeper front to back, but that's not the axis I would worry about. I push the 210 so that the backs of the cabs form a line, and the acoustic lensing effect really works. If I were buying again, I would probably buy 2 RS210, as I find the RS212 often boomy in smaller venues.

gazzatriumph likes this.
  3. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    I have been vertically stacking 2 RS210 cabs for over 3+ years and have never had any issues nor have I ever worried about it.

But never on an Auralex Pad, so I don't know how stable that would be. But then again I have never needed an Auralex Pad with those cabs, so there is that.

2 RS210 cabs sound excellent together so you should be pretty happy.

gazzatriumph likes this.
  4. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    I do it all the time and have never had an issue. Great cabs too!!!

gazzatriumph likes this.
  5. gazzatriumph

gazzatriumph

Sep 27, 2012
    England
    Cheers for the reply's, sounds like I've nothing to worry about, its just that it looks so precarious.

6. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I wonder if any of those stacked horizontally?

7. Steve Welch

Steve Welch

Mar 23, 2017
    West Sussex
    Yes, they all do.

8. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Haha...No. I meant I wonder if any of those stacking their cabs are doing it in a horizontal stack instead of a vertical stack
    i understand vertical is best for sound dispersion......but I used to stack my Eden 210 XLT cabs horizontally as it sounded fatter....before I had learned about comb filtering......still love the sound of 410 cabs but side dispersion is definitely better in a vertical array

9. Steve Welch

Steve Welch

Mar 23, 2017
    West Sussex
    I've not tried horizontal stacking yet - but you've put it in my mind to experiment with it now ...

murphy likes this.
  10. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    I occasionally stack them horizontally when I use either a Gen Benz NEO PAK or GK 700rb II. Sounds great either way.