1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stage names!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lukc, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Lukc

Lukc

Nov 10, 2012
    Portugal
    Anyone have one? I have been thinking about it, and I think it would be cool to use my nickname as my stagename. It is Mike the Chicken but everyone calls my Chicken for short, since like middle school. So does anyone have a stage name?

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I always thought they were kinda cheesy.

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Mike the chicken is not a cool stage name. Sorry bud.

4. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Isn't that kind of the whole point?

5. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    I was in a 70s cover band. We all wore terrible 70s clothing we bought at goodwill that became our uniforms. Each of us adopted goofing names to go with our faux selves. I was Rick Derrington. The drummer was Roscoe Cumberland. Singer was Seamus O'Rourke, and the guitarist was Peter "pudding" Hastings. We'd stay in character after the shows while mingling with the audience. It was tongue in cheek, but I wouldn't have a stage name in a regular band....we're kinda thankless as bass players so I want any name recondition I can get. Word of mouth = possible new projects.

6. capncal

capncal

Apr 14, 2009
    buckethead is kind of silly stage name but that works. also P-Nut....

i use my full name as my rock and roll name but go by a shorter version in regular life.

Callis is my rock and roll name but i just go by Cal the rest of the time.

if it works for ya man, go for it.

7. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    I sometimes use KMONK. A drummer that I played with years ago was into Thelonius Monk. My first name is Kevin and he started calling me Kevonious Monk, and then shortened it to KMONK.

8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Phalex Von Porklipps aint my given name......

It does have certain legal advantages.......

9. Sometimes other people end up giving you a stage names. I can remember playing on stage and someone may have shouted "Get Off The Stage!" I'm not sure what she meant, so I assumed that might have been new stage name.

-Ok, that was fictitious but I thought it was a bit funny.

"No more, No more!" What? Did you say Encore?

10. I've played in a pile of Irish folk/punk bands, we just added an apostrophe. Oliver became O'Liver.

If you're playing in a band in a fringe genre or that has some element of theatre to it I think it can be a good idea, helps create a character.

11. I am lucky enough at 53 years of age to still have a full head of hair. During the winter months I wear it a little longer. After I blow dry it back, I use some men's hairspray to keep it in place because I sweat so much on stage that it would otherwise fall down over my face. We had one partying bar patron right in front of the stage one night who wanted to buy us all shots. Since I'm center stage right in front of the drums he shouted up at me; "Hey 'Do, what are you guys drinking?". So now everybody in the band calls me 'Do. (Short for hairdo in case you didn't figure that out.)

Oh, and we drink top shelf Crown Royal shots! (Anything to help out the bottom line of the bar!;))

12. bezo420

bezo420

Aug 28, 2011
    Mentor
    I am BeZo.

I like how people in the scene know me as "BeZo" exclusively and nobody knows my real name. It keeps separation between my rabid fans and my personal life.

Okay, okay. My fan. Sorry for the hyperbole.

13. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Used to be called "cowboy" years ago cause thats all i wore on my feet, the boots not cowboys, but that has changed to just my boring name Erik.

14. That's still exciting compared to "Eric"!

15. BryanM

BryanM

Dec 15, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    I go by Bryan Hat on stage, Bryan in my day job life, and Hat to most of my friends. Everyone in my band has stage names:
    Josh Alday on drums
    Chelsea Fury on guitar
    The Letter Q on guitar
    Bryan Hat on bass

16. RadioRob

RadioRob

Dec 15, 2012
    I took the name Tex when the country band said I needed a nick name. I lived in San Antonio for a spell.
    Other members
    Twang-guitar
    Hoss-singer
    Dixie dynamite-fiddle
    Thunder-drums

17. Mr. RT Slinger for years! Original Hairband 1980's

Yeah I am Mr.RT.Slinger on stage he is non smiling sunglass wearing,leather vested, shirt with cut of sleeves, hat wearing arrogant :Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities. SOB. Yeah that is who I am when I hit the stage. And some people find me hard to approach? lol

18. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

To mock 80's stuff I don't like; Bon Hagar.

19. My name is Al, but on stage I go by...Al.

20. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Floyd Eye