1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"Stage Plot" ?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by tbirdsp, Mar 18, 2013.

1. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    We have a gig at a venue with a big stage and house sound coming up (a rarity for us - OK, a first for us :D). They just requested a "stage plot". Now - I run sound and think I know what they want, but does anyone have an example of one? Can I just whip something up in Microsoft Paint?

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yep. They just want to know where to put everything so they can get started setting before you get there. They also need to know exactly how many channels you need (both total and for each player.) Especially if you are using provided backline, they mainly need to know where to put monitors, and where to put the bass rig, guitar rig etc. with regards to stage left or stage right. A simple paint program should get it done if you label it and put a few notes at the bottom (or in an email).

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Stage plot with detailed info about drum set size, mics, DI's, monitors and mixes. And an input list, although if your own soundman isn't running sound (assuming you have one), you just need to list what all inputs you will use and not worry about what channels they go into.

4. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Ours is similar to Muttlebass's...we did it on Powerpoint. But we added electrical drops for pedal boards & cooling fans, and a Tech section with a gear list , mixer channel requirements, DI/mic needs, and IEM sends.

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Our bands is available on our SonicBids link.

6. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Thanks guys, that gives me some ideas!

7. I wonder if GG Allin's stage plot had a spot labelled "this is where I'll poop". Sorry, this just popped into my head and made me laugh. Carry on.

8. What did Rockbitch'es stage plot look like, then?!@?!

9. Here is ours. Rudimentary, but gives people an idea where we are.

I am front right if you are looking at the stage.

Attached Files:

10. Eh, that didn't come out so good.

11. Better.

bandplot_zps6e3ef8ea.

12. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    [​IMG]

13. snowplow

snowplow

Jan 4, 2012
    Michigan
    Same! I like sonicbids becuase its free and allows you to go into detail with outlets, mics, di etc. options.

14. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    So, you and Krystal each use a separate bass rig?

15. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Sure do!

She is playing an Ibanez SR700 through a Hartke HA2500 head and an old Sunn cabinet with two JBL 15's in it.

For contrast, I am playing a Fender Jazz bass through a Fender Rumble 60, usually on a chair.

We each have a channel on the PA. I also use up two channels on the PA for my keyboard in stereo, and I use a channel for my vocal mic, my harmonica mic, and my acoustic guitar.

Luckily, we don't mic any bass rigs. DI seems to work just fine.

16. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Its free?!

17. snowplow

snowplow

Jan 4, 2012
    Michigan
    The basic package is. You can upgrade and get more options for your EPK.