1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stage Snake or Wireless?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Can I get pros and cons on these two?

Seriously I hate the wires but if I can cut them down in number I might be able to live with it.

Any losses with the snake or is it all good?

2. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Depends on where the house snake is. If it's back by the drummer, then use that and just send your individual XLR's back to it. If it isn't, then using a sub snake to consolidate all the drum mics, and your DI's up to the house snake is much cleaner. We actually have a split snake on stage that goes back to the monitor mixer at the back of the stage, and then the split snake plugs into the house snake on up to the main board. We use IEM's, and it's just faster to run over to the stage mixer and crank up exactly what each one of us wants to hear. It's also much more consistant. Wireless guitar doesn't really clean that up much since you are only saving an instrument cable back to your amp. You still have to get the DI over to the snake.
    Wes

3. sowder

sowder Guest

Mar 1, 2008
    Go with the snakes...DO NOT use the wireless speaker systems. I am a tone junkie and using wireless for the bass itself is fine, but wireless anywhere else in the mix just doesn't cut it, especially just to clean up a few cables across the stage.

4. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

The potential for noise or interference with several wireless units is high. Could kill a gig. And if you carry the snake as backup, you might as well just use it all the time.

5. I was being greedy and since I can afford the wireless and the other guys can't and I'm the one complaining about all the wires all over the place - I was just gonna get one and gloat at them.

Ah, well - dreams are made of stronger fantasies. Now to be kinder, which is one of my goals this year - I might well have to GO wireless for the whole group of instruments - since that was what I was thinking of and not the mics - and leave the mics status quo.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020