1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stages of Cancer - Photo Journal

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tastybasslines, Nov 1, 2013.

1. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
  2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Whoa. Seriously powerful.

3. Such an awful disease. Hope for a cure everyday

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Wow. She was born a few months after me. Truly amazing photos. Horrific, but amazing. I'm going to go hold my wife.

5. Yango

Yango

Apr 14, 2008
    Earth
    The black and white photos are so stark. Heavy subject.

6. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    The 2 in the middle with the people staring must be one of the worst parts. I'd imagine the end is the most peaceful, I would have come to an acceptance by then.

7. Fascinating yet painfully heart-wrenching.

R.I.P. Jennifer

8. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    It should be named "Stages of Terminal Cancer". As someone who has stage four pancreatic cancer, it was difficult to look at. But what a very loving photo essay that shows the love that is around to share in life until the end. There is so much love on those photos. The love that comes out when one is given a cancer diagnosis is beyond description. The impact of it is beyond description. It's power is beyond description.

Cancer is such a huge fear that we all have. It is really important to know that when you hear the word cancer, it does not mean death. I really believe, from my experience this past year, that people below the age of twenty will be one of the last generations that will make the association of the word cancer with death. The word cancer is a catch all term for many diseases and disorders. It is remarkable, and encouraging, to see how treatable and curable so many cancers are today. So many new treatments are either in clinical trials or about to be marketed. It is so encouraging. So much so, that as I looked at the pictures, I really thought we would see the turn around and health restored.

So sad to see such a beautiful young girl lose her life to this tragic disease. If she is a family member or friend of the OP, my sincerest sympathies go to you and those around you. It is such a difficult journey for her and for those around her. I hope the ride on the other side is a better one for that lovely girl.

9. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    That's just knocked the wind out of me.

Wow.

10. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Whoa. Terrible...but in the end to be so lucky to say "I Loved It All"...what a spirit.

Reminds me so much of when I was laid off in 2009. I did some volunteer work at a local hospital seeing to cancer patients needs. Met some incredable people there who, despite what they were going thru had such a great outlook. I'll never forget one couple in particular, Rick and Sue. Sue had cancer, was going thru chemo and lost all of her hair. They next day when they came in for Sue's treatment, Rick had shaved his head bald. I knew why he did it but still, when I looked at him and said a quiet "wow" he pointed to Sue's head, pointed to his and said "we're a team."

What a loving gesture.

11. MartinG1957

MartinG1957 You can never have too many bones....

Aug 5, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    Chastening, humbling, perspective giving.
    Thank you for posting and good thoughts to those who need them.