1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stagg Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Richenbacher, May 29, 2012.

1. So I'm in my local guitar dealer and I see backed up in the corner a Stagg 60 watt combo amp for £90 (about 140 bucks). It's second hand, but looks in decent condition. Didn't get to play on it because I was in my school uniform and the staff are pretty wary of school kids (rightly so in some cases.)
    Anyone have any experience of Stagg amps? Are they any good? Thanks for any replies :D

EDIT- I should mention that I'm still on my 20w combo amp which I got in a pack with my first bass.

2. I could be mistaken - but, I think Stagg only made guitar amps?

3. The shop had it listed as a bass amp, unless they've made a mistake...

4. Ok correction, I see they do have bass amps too - maybe go back with street cloths on and play it?

5. Yeah, I will try it out when the summer holidays begin (have exams ATM and was just relaxing after one when I spotted it). although the funds are already empty (just spent 2 years raising money for an epic trip to china, which is happening in 5 weeks!! :D ) darn I need a job :/

6. way nice - have fun on your china trip. :)

7. Bigbri

Bigbri

Aug 4, 2015
    I picked up one too for 9.99. I just looked in the back of it and saw what looked like two EL84's and a 12ax7a. It was worth the price of the 12ax7. The power tubes turned out to be 50C5's. I've seen alot of these on youtube and they sound incredible. People didn't realize what they had back then.